Another, fourth edition of "Girls in new technologies" social initiative of the President of UKE comprised a contest for traineeship in ICT sector addressed to the students of technical studies, which was held from 15 March to 10 May 2016. The prizes were funded by partner companies of the project which promotes presence of women in the new technologies sector.
Contest was open and addressed to female students who are at least second year students of first-degree/uniform master's studies, or second-degree students of both full-time and part-time programmes in technical fields. In order to participate in the contest students had to complete the formalities required by the organiser included in the contest terms and conditions, and propose a solution to informatics task prepared by one of the traineeship sponsors – a company from the ICT sector.
The contest prize is a 3-month traineeship in a chosen partner company. Conditions of the traineeship, its term and remuneration are agreed individually and confirmed in a contract concluded by and between the prize sponsor and the contest winner.
Organiser of the contest has selected candidates for traineeship from amongst the contest applications meeting the requirements included in the contest terms and conditions. The Contest Committee, based on obtained results and interviews, selected 5 winners who will undergo traineeships at the following companies:
- Paula Piórecka - Cisco Systems Poland sp. z o.o. - Gdańsk University of Technology;
- Pamela Chmielowska - Microsoft sp. z o.o. - Gdańsk University of Technology;
- Honorata Woźniak - Microsoft sp. z o.o. - Gdańsk University of Technology;
- Joanna Śliwińska - Motorola Solutions Systems Polska sp. z o.o. - Cracow University of Technology;
- Gabriela Łuczyńska - SAS Institute sp. z o.o. - Gdańsk University of Technology;
- Ericpol sp. z o.o. - no winner;
- HUAWEI Polska sp. z o.o. - no winner;
- Sygnity S.A. - no winner;
- Telewizja Polska S.A. - no winner.
We would like to cordially congratulate the winners, thank all the contest participants for their commitment and invite you to participate in the upcoming editions of the contest!