Main regulatory activities carried out in 2011 were grouped into the following subject areas:
Ensuring pro-competitive and non-discriminatory terms and conditions for access to the market (interconnection):
• market analysis and imposing appropriate regulatory remedies, including Agreement with TP,
• reference offers facilitating competition,
• resolution of interconnection disputes,
• monitoring of operators' activities,
• active management of numbering resources.
Increasing technical and economic availability of universal service:
• special tariffs,
• connection of people waiting for initial connection (with delayed deadlines
for contract implementation),
• privileged institutions.
Increase in availability of competitive offers:
• removing barriers to switching,
• inter-operator migrations.
Monitoring of fair principles in rules and regulations for service provision and tariffs for telecommunications services:
• regulatory price-related obligations,
• obligations with respect to rules and regulation for service provision.
• consumer awareness raising activities,
• functioning of the Permanent Consumer Arbitration Court.
Promoting the development of telecommunications networks and services
Promoting private investment:
• monitoring investment commitments of Telekomunikacja Polska,
• monitoring investment needs in the mobile market.
Promoting self-government investment and activities of the state with regard to using the EU financial resources:
• identification of areas with demand for fixed-line telephony and fixed-line broadband Internet,
• identification of white, grey and black areas and assessment of
competition in local Internet markets,
• advice to self-government units on broadband roll-out,
• exchange of experience and information sharing (National Broadband Forum)
Effective use of frequency resources.
Ensuring frequency resources facilitating the development of radio and broadband Internet access.
Ensuring conditions for smooth transition from analogue to digital broadcasting.
Enforcement of access to universal postal services.
Monitoring the achievement of state objectives in the field of postal services market.
Works on the amendment to the Postal Act.
Control of products placed on the market
Ensuring compliance with the essential requirements by products placed on the market covered by New Approach Directives: EMC and R&TTE.
Active participation on international forums.
Initiatives in legislative work and participation in court proceedings.
Activities in favour of state defence.
The Report is available in Polish.