The National Broadband Forum Conference ‘New opening’ organised within the framework of the publicity and advice meetings of the Project on the Broadband Infrastructure Information System and the Broadband Poland Portal was held on 4th November.
The conference was initiated by Bogdan Dombrowski, Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Administration and Digitization, who thanked the Offices (MAD and UKE) for active participation in the Project.
The conference was opened by Lidia Kozłowska, Deputy President of the Office of Electronic Communications, who expressed her satisfaction that despite 12 editions, the conference had still attracted so much interest. She underlined that the conference ‘New opening’ is of particular importance because it summed up tasks that had been carried out. She emphasised that the current annual report on the condition of the infrastructure played an important role and she introduced the programme of the conference. She encouraged the participants to take part in the discussion, which resulted in a large number of questions asked by the participants of the event.
During the conference the following issues were discussed:
- Summary of the implementation of the Regional Broadband Networks projects,
- Summary of the disbursement of the EU funds for the network development,
- The coverage ratio of Poland with infrastructure and broadband services,
- The operating principles for the Location and Information Platform with a Central Database (PLI CBD),
- The Digital Poland Operational Programme 2014-2020 – calls for projects within the framework of the Axis 1 of the Programme,
- Requirements for the beneficiaries connected with the obligation to provide wholesale access and guidelines regarding the technical standards for networks and infrastructure.
The issues were discussed and presented by experts and representatives of the Office of Electronic Communications (Marek Ostanek – Deputy Director of the Department of Data Management, Tomasz Karamon – Director of the Department of Technology, Luiza Czyż-Trzcianowska – Director of the Department of Wholesale Telecommunications Market), the Ministry of Administration and Digitization (Stanisław Dąbek – Director of the Department of Telecommunications), the Ministry of Infrastructure and Development (Rafał Sukiennik – Director of the Department of Digital Development) and Digital Poland Project Centre (Eliza Pogorzelska – Director of the Digital Poland Project Centre).
The meeting was concluded with a debate entitled ‘Market expectations regarding the use of the EU funds in the period 2014-2020’ which was conducted by Krzysztof Heller, PhD. The representatives of the Chambers of Industry: Piotr Marciniak – KIKE, Jerzy Straszewski – PIKE, Eugeniusz Gaca – KIGEiT and Wiesław Paluszyński – PIIT participated in the debate.
A detailed report from the National Broadband Forum has been published at the Broadband Poland portal.