1. Execution, within the existing legal framework, of non-discriminatory access to high quality universal postal service provided at affordable prices according to the requirements specified in the Polish law and European Union Directives.
2. Creation of conditions for the improvement of postal services provided to the public by promoting competition contributing to the development of the market.
3. Dispute resolution through permanent consumer arbitration courts.
4. Improvement of the regulatory authority’s quality of work as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of cooperation and communication with the external environment.
5. Active influence on the national policy with respect to the postal services market, including initiating modifications of legal regulations in line with the European standards.
6. Ensuring that postal operators are ready to perform tasks for the purposes of defence, state security and public order by supporting and execution of legal obligations resulting from the Postal law.
7. Issuance of frequency reservations for entities selected in the course of the tendering procedure for the use of frequencies designated for UMTS and GSM 1800 mobile systems.
8. Ensuring conditions for the full exercise of subscribers’ rights with respect to the selection of a provider of publicly available telecommunications services – network digitisation completed.
9. Exercise of subscribers’ rights with respect to number portability when changing an operator.
10. Elaboration of a concept for the provision of universal service; instituting proceedings for a competition in order to designate an undertaking with universal service obligation.
11. Conducting telecommunications market analyses – publishing a report on the market; collecting data necessary for the purposes of designating operators with SMP on individual relevant markets and imposing regulatory obligations on them.
12. Informing subscribers on new possibilities for the resolution of disputes with operators and on the subscribers’ rights and obligations. Placing an interactive information guide for the subscribers on the URTiP website.
13. Setting the amount of charges for telecommunications services of an operator with SMP on the relevant market using the results of cost calculation and regulatory accounting.
14. Introduction of reference offers for leased lines and access to the local loop and the telecommunications infrastructure.
15. Verification of TP S.A. reference interconnection offer after charges for services of an SMP operator are set using the results of cost calculation and regulatory accounting.
16. Creation of conditions with respect to frequencies facilitating the development of broadband Internet access on the basis of radio equipment and systems the use of which is subject to a frequency reservation or a radio permit as well as the equipment and systems which can be used without an authorisation within harmonised “unlicensed” bands.
Broadcasting (in agreement with the Chairman of the National Broadcasting Council (KRRiT) within the scope provided for in the law):
17. Elaboration of final frequency management plans for the purposes of DVB-T and T-DAB in bands 3, 4 and 5 – ensuring the best possible arrangements for Poland in the new frequency plan for radio and television in Europe in the course of preparations for RRC 06 conference.
18. Elaboration of a strategy for the transition from initial digital networks to final DVB-T and T-DAB networks.
19. Evaluation of the possible implementation of DRM technology within medium waves in Poland – preparations for elaborating a strategy.